“Dear Juliana, I can’t thank you enough for teaching me the amazing techniques of Calmbirth! I was able to focus in on my breathing and give a natural birth to our beautiful Jessica. I believed in my body and trusted I could do it. Thank you so much”
– Katie, Karl and Jesicca
Calmbirth® is an antenatal education program for pregnant couples preparing for a positive birth experience. The aim of the program is to help pregnant couples attending the classes eliminate the fear experienced by many in relation to their approaching labour and birth and to learn how Women’s bodies are so beautifully designed to give birth.
During the classes, couples discover how the laboring mother’s body responds physiologically when fear vs relaxation is present. Couples also learn practical skills of Relaxation, Breathing and Creative Visualization which are used during pregnancy, labour, childbirth and beyond.
Attending my Calmbirth® Retreats (online) will teach you and your partner the following:
- How beliefs, thoughts and emotions can influence a Mother’s physiology during pregnancy, labour and birth
- That fear leads to tension which gives rise to pain experienced during labour and childbirth and how you can reduce fear, tension and pain
- How certain breathing techniques can facilitate relaxation, and the physiology behind this
- How the mother’s body is beautifully designed to birth her baby, and how relaxation can facilitate the natural physiology of labour and birth
- The magic of touch and the benefits of light touch massage
- How you can use your own creative imagination to facilitate relaxation
- Learn about the stages of labour, and what you and your partner can do to facilitate progress in labour and birth, and lets practice some Active Birth positions!
- buy cialis online now
- Un-forseen and unexpected challenges and how you can prevent some of these from happening and create a positive experience when intervention may be required
- A journey to personal healing and the importance of healing old wounds to prevent these past experiences from interfering with your pregnancy, labour and birth
- How partners can offer practical support to the birthing woman
Why do Calmbirth Classes with Mamatoto Midwives? (Currently offered online)
Mamatoto’s client statistics (2018) are as follows:
- 100% of first time Mothers (21) had a Vaginal Birth (None required a Caesarean Section)
- 19% of First time Mothers had an assisted vaginal birth
- 81% of my First time Mothers had Spontaneous Vaginal Births
- 9% of all my clients had a Caesarean Section (There were some women included in this statistic with Complex Medical Health Issues, Previous Caesarean Sections etc)
- 70% of women had a successful VBAC (This statistic was 91% last year)
- 100% of my clients planning a VBA2C had vaginal births
CALMBIRTH® Yarra Valley Weekend Retreat and Intensive/Refreshers (currently offered online)
Weekend online retreats are held from 10.00am until 4.30pm over a weekend via the Zoom Education platform.
The intensive/Refresher retreats are held online over one day from 0900 until 5.30pm
Dates for Online workshops…
Saturday 9th May (One day online workshop) – Calmbirth Intensive/Refresher
Saturday 16th and Sunday 17th May (Weekend Workshop)
Saturday 11th July (One day online workshop) – Calmbirth Intensive/Refresher
Calmbirth ® Weekend Retreats and Intensive Refreshers cost $495.00 per couple (includes GST).
This cost includes:
- Calmbirth education
- A Calmbirth class booklet and guided meditations (available for download)
- The cost also includes continued support from me after the classes!
A deposit of $200.00 is required at booking. For bookings email Juliana at email@example.com
Teachers Federation Health, NIB, Australian Unity, Bupa Australia (HBA, Mutual Community, Anz Health Insurance, HIF, MBF and MBF alliances – SGIO, SGIC & NRMA), Manchester Unity, HCF, AHM, The Doctors Health Fund, Defence Health, may cover part of the costs of birth education classes run by a Midwife or Midwifery Services – discuss with your Private Health Insurer for details
Please note that amount of rebate covered depends on the type of cover. Your health insurer is best to answer any questions regarding the amount of rebate per class.
Juliana is a Registered Midwife and classes are recognised by most Private Health Insurance funds
Private Classes and Refresher Classes are available on request
A percentage of funds raised from my Calmbirth Classes will be donated to “The Hamlin Fistula Relief and Aid Fund” to educate new Midwives, so that each village in Ethiopia can have an educated midwife in attendance at Births see the Hamlin website.