“Dear Juliana, I can’t thank you enough for teaching me the amazing techniques of Calmbirth! I was able to focus in on my breathing and give a natural birth to our beautiful Jessica. I believed in my body and trusted I could do it. Thank you so much”
– Katie, Karl and Jesicca
Calmbirth® is an antenatal education program for pregnant couples preparing for a positive birth experience consisting of approximately 12 hours of education. The aim of the program is to help pregnant couples attending the classes eliminate the fear experienced by many in relation to their approaching labour and birth and to learn how Women’s bodies are so beautifully designed to give birth.
During the classes, couples discover how the laboring mother’s body responds physiologically when fear vs relaxation is present. Couples also learn practical skills of Relaxation, Breathing and Creative Visualization which are used during pregnancy, labour, childbirth and beyond.
Attending my Calmbirth® Classes will teach you and your partner the following:
- How beliefs, thoughts and emotions can influence a Mother’s physiology during pregnancy, labour and birth
- That fear leads to tension which gives rise to pain experienced during labour and childbirth and how you can reduce fear, tension and pain
- How certain breathing techniques can facilitate relaxation, and the physiology behind this
- How the mother’s body is beautifully designed to birth her baby, and how relaxation can facilitate the natural physiology of labour and birth
- The magic of touch and the benefits of light touch massage
- How you can use your own creative imagination to facilitate relaxation
- Learn about the stages of labour, and what you and your partner can do to facilitate progress in labour and birth, and lets practice some Active Birth positions!
- buy cialis online now
- Un-forseen and unexpected challenges and how you can prevent some of these from happening and create a positive experience when intervention may be required
- A journey to personal healing and the importance of healing old wounds to prevent these past experiences from interfering with your pregnancy, labour and birth
- How partners can offer practical support to the birthing woman
Why do Calmbirth Classes with Mamatoto Midwives?
Mamatoto’s client statistics (2017) are as follows:
- 85% of women will have a Spontaneous Vaginal Birth
- 10% of women require an assisted vaginal birth
- 95% of women will have a Vaginal Birth
- 5% of women will require a Caesarean Section (There were some women included in this statistic with Complex Medical Health Issues)
- 92% of women will have a successful VBAC!!
CALMBIRTH® Yarra Valley Weekend Getaways and Intensives
Weekend Workshops are held from 10.00am until 4.30pm over a weekend in the spectacular Yarra Valley.
The intensives are held over one day from 0900 until 5.30pm
(I will send you information about accommodation in the Yarra Valley on enrolment)
Dates for Classes
Saturday 4th and Sunday 5th August in Yarra Valley with Juliana (Weekend workshop) Full
Saturday 20th and Sunday 21st October in Yarra Valley with Juliana (Weekend workshop) Vacancies
Calmbirth ® Weekend Workshops and Intensives cost $550.00 per couple (includes GST).
This cost includes:
- Calmbirth education
- A Calmbirth class booklet and guided meditations (available for download)
- Morning, Afternoon teas and lunch for all classes
- The cost also includes continued support from me after the classes!
A deposit of $250.00 is required at booking. For bookings email Juliana at email@example.com
Teachers Federation Health, NIB, Australian Unity, Bupa Australia (HBA, Mutual Community, Anz Health Insurance, HIF, MBF and MBF alliances – SGIO, SGIC & NRMA), Manchester Unity, HCF, AHM, The Doctors Health Fund, Defence Health, may cover part of the costs of birth education classes run by a Midwife or Midwifery Services – discuss with your Private Health Insurer for details
Please note that amount of rebate covered depends on the type of cover. Your health insurer is best to answer any questions regarding the amount of rebate per class.
Juliana is a Registered Midwife and classes are recognised by most Private Health Insurance funds
Private Classes and Refresher Classes are available on request
A percentage of funds raised from my Calmbirth Classes will be donated to “The Hamlin Fistula Relief and Aid Fund” to educate new Midwives, so that each villiage in Ethiopia can have an educated midwife in attendance at Births see the Hamlin website.