Mamatoto Retreats are an antenatal education program for pregnant couples preparing for a positive birth experience. The aim of the program is to help pregnant couples attending the classes eliminate the fear experienced by many in relation to their approaching labour and birth and to learn how Women’s bodies are so beautifully designed to give birth.
During the classes, couples discover how the laboring mother’s body responds physiologically when fear vs relaxation is present. Couples also learn practical skills of Relaxation, Breathing and Creative Visualization which are used during pregnancy, labour, childbirth and beyond.
Attending our Mamatoto Retreats will teach you and your partner the following:
- We explore the notion that two women can have similar physical birthing experiences, but emotionally those experiences can be very different…why is this?
- That attitude and feelings around birth can make or break your experience…
- How can you get through labour and birth without using pharmacological pain relief…if this is what you desire…
- How can we prepare physically to improve our chances of having a straight forward and uncomplicated labour and birth…
- Partner support…what can they do to help me?
- Labour and birth positions…
- Challenging labour, medical interventions, when and why might they be necessary…
- How can we have the best birth for us as a couple/family…
- Breastfeeding and how we can prepare to get it right…
- The first week after the birth. What do we expect in this time?
Mamatoto’s Birth Retreats
Weekend retreats are held from 10.00am until 4.30pm over two weekend days in the beautiful Dandenong Ranges in Selby
Private classes are also offered…(contact Danielle on 0455489691)
Dates for Retreats…
Sunday 10th and Sunday 24th April (With Danielle) in Selby (some vacancies)
Sunday 19th and Sunday 26th June (With Shelley) in Selby (vacancies)
Sunday 14th and Sunday 21st August (With Dina) in Selby (vacancies)
Mamatoto Birth Retreats cost $500 per couple (includes GST)
(Private classes cost $750 over 1 day)
This cost includes:
- Birth and early parenting education
- Extensive electronic information
- A little gift bag with some birthing essentials
- Links to all video’s watched throughout the classes
- Morning tea and Afternoon tea. Lunch can be purchased at nearby cafes
- The cost also includes continued support from us after the classes!
A deposit of $200.00 is required at booking. For bookings email firstname.lastname@example.org
Teachers Federation Health, NIB, Australian Unity, Bupa Australia (HBA, Mutual Community, Anz Health Insurance, HIF, MBF and MBF alliances – SGIO, SGIC & NRMA), Manchester Unity, HCF, AHM, The Doctors Health Fund, Defence Health, may cover part of the costs of birth education classes run by a Midwife or Midwifery Services – discuss with your Private Health Insurer for details
Please note that amount of rebate covered depends on the type of cover. Your health insurer is best to answer any questions regarding the amount of rebate per class.
Our midwives are all Registered ( and Fully Endorsed) Midwives and classes are recognised by most Private Health Insurance funds
Mamatoto Midwives fund a Midwifery Student to complete the Hamlin School of Midwifery each year and are committed to continuing this support each year to see each student complete their Bachelor of Midwifery x A portion of your class fees goes towards this project xooxoxo